Support the Africa MALARIA Prevention Project (AMPP)
Help all those chldren and enrich your own life!
How? Please read the below and watch the video.
Why the ‘Africa Malaria Prevention Project’ (AMPP)?
Malaria is caused by a parasite and is the most important disease in sub-Saharan Africa. The disease mainly causes casualties among young children.
- 230 million cases of malaria occur annually (WHO 2019)
- 409,000 people died of malaria (WHO 2019)
Every minute an African child dies of malaria
Largely due to malaria, 1 in 6 African children will not live beyond 5 years. Children regularly miss classes due to malaria, which negatively influences their school performance and future prospects.
Existing drugs against malaria are expensive. Because the malaria parasite becomes resistant to them, they often do not work well enough either. The drugs can also cause side effects, sometimes so bad that they must be discontinued.
BUT…. we (AMPP) can do something about it, NOW!
We are working intensively on a new way of supporting the treatment and prevention of malaria. This is without side effects and at very low cost – only 10 cents per child per year!
Why do we ask for your help?
Since 2009 we have tested the effect of malaria prevention in several African countries – in schools, orphanages and day care centres. The results were so good that in 2013 the 'Africa Malaria Prevention Project' started. Through cooperation with schools, hospitals et cetera we support hundreds of thousands of children and study the results.
In 2022 we reached almost 700,000 children and adults – a beautiful milestone. That seems like a lot, but it is only a start. Around 200 million African children come into contact with malaria every day!
Our goals for 2023 and 2024
- to reach a next milestone by helping 1,000,000 children and adults!
- and to further expand data collection on malaria prevention!
And that means that:
- a strong decrease in hospital admissions for malaria is possible (in a Red Cross hospital in the Congo the decrease was 95%!)
- lower malaria related death rates are to be expected in regions where AMPP is used
- in schools, absenteeism can fall sharply (research at schools shows that where in a class 4 or 5 children were ill at home every day, that is now reduced to 0, or at most 1).
- and because children are no longer missing classes, school results increase significantly. An always average scoring school suddenly belongs to the top schools in the region.
In these difficult corona times we need your financial support more than ever, so we can:
- support more children against malaria
- do more and better research
Because ARHF is a volunteer organization (nobody receives a salary), virtually the entire budget directly benefits projects and people in Africa.
Our goal for this campaign is to raise at least € 25,000
For only 10 cents per child per year, our partners in Africa make PC malaria available in communities and schools. Raising € 25,000 can provide a healthy and prosperous future for 250,000 children!
Please help us NOW!